HB2009 VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Planners of the Ninth International Healthy Buildings Conference and Exhibition are seeking volunteers to help make the event the best experience possible for our attendees, traveling from more than 45 countries around the globe! ISIAQ's Healthy Buildings Conference, hosted by the Syracuse Center of Excellence, will bring together researchers and professionals from around the world to showcase innovations in clean and green tech and healthy built environments.
Participation will expose volunteers to leading research and technology developments, national and global leaders in the fields of indoor air quality and healthy built environments, and extraordinary networking opportunities. HB2009 also provides excellent resume-building experience for those interested in public relations, event planning and management, event technical services, journalism, and many other fields!
We would like part-time assistance leading up to the event and, importantly, individuals who can volunteer part and full-time on the event days (September 13 to 17, 2009). Volunteers will assist with conference program execution, logistics, conference activities and the HB2009 Exhibition and SyracuseCoE Opportunity Exchange.
View the HB2009 Program-at-a-Glance HERE.
The following opportunities are available:
Tuesday thru Friday, September 8 to 11, 2009
- Conference Preparation – assist with logistics and administrative preparations for the event
Sunday thru Thursday, September 13 to 17, 2009
- Greeters – greet conference attendees and guests and answer directional questions
- VIP Services – assist with the needs of special guests
- General Support – logistics and administrative assistants
- Sustainability Assistants – help monitor waste disposal and other activities to ensure the event is as "green" as possible
- Registration Assistants – handle afternoon registration for conference/event attendees
- Marketing Assistants – press officers, green-room assistants, etc.
- HB2009 Ground Reporters – write news stories from the floor of the conference, covering plenary speakers, workshops, conference tracks, and more.
- Technology Assistants – assist with presentations and document converters (ftp), as necessary
- SyracuseCoE OppEx Assistants – assist with SyracuseCoE OppEx activities
- Evening Event Assistants – assist with guests and staff needs for evening activities